'Rosalina' Classic 1981 FJ43 Land Cruiser For Sale
This is the truck that everybody wants. Rosalina is a gorgeous 1981 vintage FJ43 Land Cruiser in Freeborn Red with a tan soft top.
This incredible truck has been sold. But we can source and restore a truck much like her. Contact us to see how we can put you in an exceptional condition, rare FJ40 or FJ43 of your preference.
- Year: 1981
- Make: Toyota
- Model: FJ43 Land Cruiser
- Engine: 4.2L Inline 6 cylinder
- Trans: 4-Speed
- Color: Freeborn Red (309)
- Interior: Black denim
- Top: Tan soft top
- Status: SOLD
- Price: $39,900
- Highly restored, rare 1981 FJ43
- Restored Toyota 16 inch Split Rims
- New 7.50 x 16 Traditional Mud Terrain Tires
- New Durable Black Denim interior
- 11 passenger soft top 4x4 for the beach or mountains
- New stereo, tires, brakes, exhaust, shocks
Volcan 4x4, LLC, registered in Florida, presents our 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ43 Soft Top. We named her Rosalina for her shiny Freeborn Red paint same code as the data plate under the hood.
About This FJ43
This is a highly desirable and highly restored truck. If you want an FJ43, this is your truck. This truck stops traffic in Colombia. Imagine what it will do in your neighborhood.
This truck was recently highly restored by the previous owner and is shiny outside and underneath. No rust. Volcan 4x4 then spent over a month going through the truck with our specialists down in Colombia. All work was overseen by Land Cruiser enthusiast, U.S. Citizen and owner of Volcan 4x4, Charles Guy.
We performed the following:
- 4 new Tokico shocks plus steering stabilizer
- 5 restored and repainted 16 inch Toyota rims
- 5 new South American brand unique traditional Mud Terrain 7.50 x 16 tires. These tires are great.
- All new 4 drum brakes including drums, cylinders, brake lines, shoes. Truck stops straight and strongly coming down an 8000 foot mountain in the rain.
- New oil, oil filter and air filter
- New Pioneer head unit with ipod control and charger and remote and unique removable speaker box
- Brand new exhaust
- Recent alignment
Can not confirm if this was a frame off restoration but all the bolts are new under the truck and the body paint under the truck along with the chassis is very very clean. Please note the stainless steel bolts. Some of the door and window gaskets are aftermarket but overall the truck looks very sharp.
The new interior is a custom fabric used in Colombian restorations for its durability. This contrasting black interior has a denim feel and new car smell. It stays cool to the touch and looks perfectly durable for a trip to the beach. The custom top is high quality with high quality hardware and looks as new.
Mechanically the truck starts up immediately with no choke. It feels very strong. Can not confirm if it was rebuilt. We test drove this truck upon completion one hour up from an elevation of 5000 feet on up to 8000 feet and it never overheated or lost power. The trip back down the mountain was in the rain and the brakes felt strong and secure. Please review videos of this test drive on Volcan 4x4 channel on youtube.
About The Process
Volcan 4x4 previously restored and imported a 1983 FJ40 into Tampa, Florida and sold it recently at Mecum Auctions in Kissimmee. We are now importing this FJ43 along with a classic Nissan Patrol. The trucks should arrive April.
A $10,000 refundable deposit to Volcan 4x4, LLC will secure this truck at the agreed price. The buyer can fly to Tampa to review it. The FJ43's have enjoyed a great following on the auction circuit with prices in the $40,000 to $80,000 range. At $40,000 this truck is priced well within the market given its condition.
Truck will be tagged in Florida or arrangements can be made with the Buyer's state. Remember these trucks did not have USA emissions equipment but most states have a model year waiver such as Florida does. Buyer is responsible for registering in their state.
VIN will be same as the chassis number per Florida title. FJ43101104.
Volcan 4x4 specializes in importing high quality, unique 4x4's to the U.S. classic 4x4 community. Why buy an FJ40 when you can have this unique soft top FJ43 for $40,000?
1. Contact us and let us know what kind of classic FJ40, FJ43, or classic Land Rover you are in the market for and there may be a good chance that we can source and restore the classic truck of your preference.
3. Get early access below.